BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

No Speak English???

Yesterday, I was downtown and my mom wanted me to get her an iced tea. Being the extremely generous and kind-hearted person that I am, I had no objection. Besides, I wanted to buy one too. So I walked down the street to the tea store, and got my two glasses of tea from the self-serve dispenser. While I was doing this, I noticed a family (or maybe just a lady on a date?) with two children. (It kind of seemed like it was a lady and her son and a guy and his daughter but they were together at any rate.) The reason they caught my notice was because the kids were extremely noisy and irritating. I really, really dislike overly noisy kids. They were not only noisy, but they were greedy - they wanted to buy everything in the store - and they were running around haphazardly.

However, I wasn't going to let that bother me. I finished getting my iced teas, stole all the sugar packets from the sugar packet area, (there were only 3 left, so it wasn't that horrible of me,) and went to the register to pay. This was when it went from mildly irritating to extremely exasperating. The same woman that had no control over her kids was now trying to pay for $9 worth of food with a $100 bill. Throw into that mix the fact that she couldn't speak English!!! It took forever for the lady at the cash register to finally get through to her that there wasn't enough money in the register for her to give her change.

Finally, she went over to her date/husband and got the right amount of money, but all that time I'd been waiting in line behind her with nowhere to put the two iced teas that I was holding. If it had just been the one tea, I could have at least changed hands when the one holding it got too cold, but since they both had teas in them, they were both freezing. It was actually that that irritated me most out of the situation, not even having to wait. But then when I went up to pay, I forgot that I stuffed the sugar packets in the same pocket as my money, and I think the lady totally saw that I'd taken a bunch. I felt a little guilty.

2 comments:

Elie and/or Jon said...

It's funny to read this story even though I was there when you told it to us. Going to the Tea Lady is always an adventure. Did your mom tell you about the guy who said to her at the tea place, "It's my birthday today, but it ends in two hours. I want you to celebrate it with me" or something? :)

-Elie

Ina said...

OMGGGGGG!!!!!

What the fuck??? That is hilarious. I need to ask her about that now.

Wow, that's probably one of the worst pickup lines I've ever heard of. Haha.

When was that?